Admission requirements for the Bachelor of Engineering
Admission requirements for international students include one of the following certificates:
- A Danish upper secondary school leaving certificate (STX, HF, HHX, HTX, EUX, GIF)
- The Danish/French Baccalauréat (DFB)
- The European Baccalaureate (EB)
- The International Baccalaureate (IB)
- The Option Internationale du Baccalauréat (OIB)
- Another foreign qualifying examination certificate that can be equated with a Danish upper secondary school leaving certificate.
- Mathematics: corresponding to Danish A-level
- Physics: corresponding to Danish B-level or Geoscience corresponding to Danish A-level
- Chemistry: corresponding to Danish C-level or Biotechnology corresponding to Danish A-level
(starting with 2018 chemistry level will be changed from corresponding to Danish C-level to corresponding to Danish B-level).
- English corresponding to Danish B-level
To document fulfillment of the specific admission requirements, you can attach a verification form to your application. The verification form must be completed, signed and stamped by the school where the entry qualification was completed.
In addition to official admission requirements mentioned above we are considering other qualifications as:
- Entry level course into the program of engineering.
Foreign or international access giving exam. If you are not sure whether your exam will grant you admission, you can read more about the requirement here
Other basis for admission. If you do not fulfill the official admission requirements, but have other qualifications which can be ranked alongside, you can apply for admission on the exceptional permission via individual competence assessment.
Admission on exceptional permission is attaching importance to the following selection criteria:
- Average grade of secondary school exams.
- Courses corresponding to Danish A-level exams passed to Danish grade 7 or above.
- Professional working experience, compulsory military service or maternity leave minimum 20 hours/week minimum in 2 months period
- Other studies taken for min. one year.
- At least one passed semester of higher education studies.
- Elite sport
- Peoples College attended for min. 2 months.
- Minimum 2 months spent abroad
- Unpaid volunteer work experience
- Motivational letter describing your personal and professional background relevant for admission to the program Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology.
By giving weight to additional admission criteria as professional experience and other – only period of maximum 12 months will be taken into account. cf.to nr. 107 af 27/01/2017 Declaration reg. access to vocational education and professional education.
Documents having signification to admission should be uploaded together with your application latest on March 15th 12:00AM CET. Only documentation proving activities which have been completed and documentation sent by 15th of March will be taken into consideration. However the whole period stated on the contract will be taken into account in cases of military service and secondment, regardless if contact period is terminating after deadline of application yet latest up to the start of the study year.