Module 2: Professional work with children and youth at risk
During this module, you will work on a problem-oriented group project incorporating many of the same components from a Bachelor’s thesis while you gain the same goals and focus on skills, independence and multi-perspectives, which are central to professional work. Students have chosen specific topics and knowledge’s from module 1 which they both study academically and explore empirically on field-visits. E.g., students on previous courses have chosen to work with sexual abuse, violence against children, differentiated teaching, criminals, and unaccompanied refugee children, children with various impairments, inclusion and anxiety".
- Based on the prerequisites and perspectives of the three target groups, you can identify and reflect professionally. You have knowledge about social and special pedagogical paradigms, knowledge and methods.
- You have knowledge about professional efforts and activities aimed at promoting well-being and quality of life, supporting the target group’s development, learning processes and participation in communities.
The three target groups are: 1) Children and young people with special needs, 2) People with social difficulties and 3) Persons with mental and / or physical impairments.
- You have knowledge about changes in the view of children and youth at risk - and the importance of inclusion in social and special education practice
- You can formulate a problem, construct, and criticize a project design, explaining relevant theory, incorporating others and your own empirical data, analyzing theory and empirical data, discussing your analysis and answering your problem formulation.
- You can apply research-based knowledge in analyzes and assessments that support development, learning and living conditions among children and youth at risk.
- You can apply knowledge about developmental psychology, social science and a broad concept of health
- You can identify challenges and support opportunities in professional pedagogical work with a specific target group.
- You can organize and evaluate educational efforts and processes that promote well-being, development, quality of life and participation.
- You can explain, analyze and deal with social and specialized pedagogical practice from a historical perspective.
- You can develop social and special pedagogical practices dealing with professional ethics in relation to own and others' studies of professional pedagogical practice.
- You can communicate your work with well-being and quality of life in writing with a clear reference to a professional foundation of knowledge, and you can identify development opportunities, potentials and critical issues based on analyzes of practice.
- You can plan and manage projects