Module 3: International comparative field studies
In module 3, you will work on a problem-oriented group project continuing and developing the academic skills and knowledge from modules 1 and 2. During this module, you will choose a specific target group and topic going on field-visits to a Danish institution and comparing it with similar institutions and target groups in your home countries. This module will partially take place in Denmark and partially in your home countries using online resources for collaboration, communication and supervision.
- Based on the prerequisites and perspectives of the three target groups, you can identify and reflect professionally. You have knowledge about social and special pedagogical paradigms, knowledge and methods.
- You have knowledge about professional efforts and activities aimed at promoting well-being and quality of life, supporting the target group’s development, learning processes and participation in communities.
The three target groups are: 1) Children and young people with special needs, 2) People with social difficulties and 3) Persons with mental and / or physical impairments.
- You have knowledge about professional practice in Denmark and your home countries regarding a specific target group.
- You can formulate a problem, construct, and criticize a project design, explaining relevant theory, incorporating others and your own empirical data, analyzing theory and empirical data, discussing your analysis and answering your problem formulation.
- You can apply research-based knowledge in analyzes and assessments that support development, learning and living conditions among children and youth at risk.
- You can apply knowledge about developmental psychology, social science and a broad concept of health
- You can identify challenges and support opportunities in professional pedagogical work with a specific target group.
- You can organize and evaluate educational efforts and processes that promote well-being, development, quality of life and participation.
- You can explain, analyze and deal with social and specialized pedagogical practice from a historical perspective.
- You can develop social and special pedagogical practices dealing with professional ethics in relation to own and others' studies of professional pedagogical practice.
- You can communicate your work with well-being and quality of life in writing with a clear reference to a professional foundation of knowledge, and you can identify development opportunities, potentials and critical issues based on analyzes of practice.
- You can plan and manage projects.