Module 3: Social pedagogical research and fields studies
The module's placement:
International module at ABSALON, Campus Roskilde and in the students' home countries.
- An interdisciplinary international module with students from e.g. Europe, North America and Asia studying various areas related to pedagogy, teaching and social work.
- The module is an integrated part of the international program Children at Risk.
- The teaching and working language on this course is English.
In module 3, you will work on a problem and solution oriented group project incorporating and working with many of the same components, which typically apply, to a Bachelor thesis. During this module, you will continue to develop your academic knowledge, skills and independence. You will work with philosophy of science, scientific methods, and ethics while going on field-visits to a Danish institution.
- You can identify, investigate, develop and perspectivate pedagogical issues.
- You have knowledge about professional practice in Denmark.
- You can explain, analyze and deal with social and special pedagogical practice from a historical perspective.
- You can apply research-based knowledge in analyzes and assessments that support development, learning and living conditions among children and youth at risk.
- You can develop social and special pedagogical practices dealing with professional ethics in relation to own and others' studies of professional pedagogical practice.
- You can plan and manage projects.
The module content, organization and your own learning process are assessed at the end of the module. Your learning outcomes are assessed at the subsequent examination within the area of competence.
Assessment and evaluation:
The module exam consists as a combination of an oral and written presentation and discussion based upon a group project. Student assessment is individual according to the ECTS grading scale.