Del

Erasmus Studies or Traineeship

Erasmus stays can be in EU-membership countries as well as Norway, Iceland, Turkey, Liechtenstein and the Republic of Macedonia.

  • Study periods should last between 3 and 12 months.
  • Traineeships should last between 3 and 12 months.
  • As a minimum, you should have completed your 1st year of studies, before you go on exchange.
  • You must obtain the same amount of ECTS credits during your stay, as you would have at University College Absalon. 
  • Your Department must have an agreement with the host institution. For more information about your opportunities, look under destinations or ask your international coordinator.

Read the Erasmus Student Charter here.

What do to?

Before your exchange, an agreement (Learning og Traineeship agreement) is made between Absalon, you and the host institution. This agreement lists the contents of your stay (for example courses or tasks). The agreement also specifies how many ECTS credits you will receive after completing your exchange. When this agreement has been signed by all three parties and submitted to your international coordinator, Absalon can begin processing an Erasmus scholarship for you. 

Agreement for traineeship

A "Training Agreement" must be completed, between University College Absalon, the place of traineeship and you (requires 3 signatures). The agreement describes the contents of the traineeship. This agreement also covers the question of how much merit you will receive for your completed exchange. The agreement must be signed before you go on your exchange and prior to you receiving your Erasmus grant.

Agreement for study exchange

A "Learning Agreement" must be completed between University College Absalon, the receiving educational institution and you (requires 3 signatures).  Your Learning Agreement must contain the subjects/courses that you will follow and how many ECTS these subjects/courses will be awarded. The agreement must be signed before you go on your exchange and prior to you receiving your Erasmus grant

You are responsible for arranging your own trip, visa and residence/work permit (if necessary), adequate insurance and accommodation (often the host institution can assist you with this). You can of course always contact your international coordinator for help and guidance.

Insurance

If you are going on Erasmus traineeship or studies, it is your own responsibility to make sure you have the neccesary coverage. You can read more on this on the Ministry for Higher Education and Science's webpage.

You may always ask your International Coordinator for advice.

Before and after your stay: Online Linguistic Support (OLS)

If the language of instruction is not your first language, then you must take an online language assessment before and after your stay. The test results do not impact your eligibility for exchange; they are solely a way for you to assess your language competences.

*If you are a native speaker, you do not have to take the test.

Practical information

You will receive a fixed Erasmus grant while you are abroad. If you receive Danish SU, you may also be eligible to take this with you – however, you must contact the person responsible for SU at your Dpartment for more information about this.

You will receive 80 % of your Erasmus grant before your departure, while the remaining 20 % will be paid out once you have completed the final evaluations of your stay and your final OLS test. Your monthly scholarship depends on which country you are going to, how many days your stay lasts, and whether it is for studies or traineeship.  Extra grants are awarded to students with special needs.

For students going on exchange to their home country

Please note that students who are going on an exchange (studies or traineeship) in their home country will be considered last for Erasmus grants, as the new Erasmus+ program aims to promote mobility outside of the student’s home country.

Read about your rights and responsibilities as an Erasmus student here: Erasmus Student Charter.

Special Needs Support

Erasmus+ Programme special needs support
Erasmus+ pays particular attention to guidance, reception, physical accessibility, pedagogical and technical support services, and, especially, financing the extra costs for students and staff whose physical, mental or health-related conditions are such that their participation in Erasmus+ would not be possible without extra financial support (from here on referred to as “students and staff with physical, mental or health-related conditions”). This is to ensure that you can take full advantage of an Erasmus+ mobility experience.

Additional grant
For your access needs during your mobility, you can apply for an Erasmus+ grant for students and staff with physical, mental or health-related conditions in addition to the regular Erasmus+ study or traineeship or staff mobility grant. In preparation of your Erasmus+ mobility, you should indicate your needs and foreseen extra costs linked to your physical, mental or health-related conditions, in order to apply for the Erasmus+ special needs support grant.

What are your access needs?
Areas that could be eligible for support linked to your Erasmus+ mobility, according to individual needs, include but are not limited to: adapted accommodation, travel assistance, medical attendance, supportive equipment, adaption of learning material, an accompanying person, etc.

How to apply?
Please contact the International Office (international@pha.dk). Here you can also ask additional questions about special needs support.

Traineeships for recent graduates

It is possible for recent graduates to apply for funding for a traineeship. Only a limited number of such grants will be awarded, and the size of the monthly grant will depend on the number of applicants.

The following rules apply to recent graduates interested in traineeships:

  1. The conditions and application deadlines for regular traineeships must be observed. Read more here.
  2. The application must be submitted before the student graduates.
  3. The traineeship must be completed within the first year following the student’s graduation.

Erasmus grants

Living costs

Studies

 (3-12 months)

Traineeships

(2-12 months)

Traineeships after recent graduation

(2 – 12 months)

Higher living costs

(Ireland, France, Italy, Austria, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Liechtenstein and Norway)

 

€285 per month

From September 1, 2018: €335

 

€385 per month

From September 1, 2018: €435

 

€385 per month

 From September 1, 2018: €435

Lower living costs

(Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Spain, Croatia, Cyprus, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Iceland, turkey, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia) 

 

€235 per month

From September 1, 2018: €285

 

€335 per month

From September 1, 2018: €385

 

€335 per month

From September 1, 2018: €385

80% of the Erasmus grant will be paid to the student before departure. The remaining 20% will be paid once the student’s evaluation reports and final OLS language test have been submitted.

Please note that students who are going on an exchange (studies or traineeship) in their home country will be considered last for Erasmus grants, as the new Erasmus+ program aims to promote mobility outside of the student’s home country.

Application deadline

April 1st for the autumn semester.

October 1st for the spring semester.

Click here to apply

Please note! The form only works in Google Chrome and Firefox.

REGARDING SHORTER STAYS

If you are going on a shorter stay, for example a study trip or summer school, please use the application form here

Erasmus and the UK

Here you can find the latest information regarding Brexit and how it will affect the Erasmus+ programme.

Read our Erasmus Policy Statement here.

Read about why students partipate in the Erasmus programme, and how it can improve your employability.

Contact us

International Coordinators
Emergency contact

Emergency telephone number outside office hours
+45 7611 7060

This number should only be used by students on exchange or by their host, and only in case of emergencies such as serious illness, accidents etc.

Cxense Display