Career and Living in Greater Copenhagen
– a part of the International Talent Program at University College Absalon/Copenhagen Capacity.
Join us for some fun and useful sessions in an international atmosphere. It is free of charge and we provide books and sandwiches.
An introduction to how to deal with the strange Danish habits and attitudes. Why do Danes fancy teamwork, and what can you expect when you are summoned to the first Project Meeting at your new work place. We will use sociological and psychological theories to get insight on how you communicate and interact with colleagues in Denmark. You will share experiences and gain knowledge in order to accommodate working and living in Denmark.
The course will provide the participants with insight into:
- Cultural differences, and their impact on working life. What might you expect when entering a new workplace
- We will work on communication within a work context, where theories and methods will be transformed into practical exercises useful in a Danish culture
- How do you enter the job market in Denmark. Writing an application and CV. Tips and tricks for your job interviews
- Danish work culture are to a high degree based on teamwork, where trust and ability to adapt to the norms for the team are pivotal. What is the theory behind group dynamic, emotional intelligence and personal preferences
- The theory of the course will be based on Geert Hofstede, Jurgen Habermas, Wilfred Bion, Daniel Goleman, and William Moulton Marston among others
Who can attend?
The course is for international students, international employees and new residents in Denmark; and there is no tuition fee.
The course consist of 9 sessions. 5 of the sessions are scheduled in Roskilde at University College Absalon, 4 of the sessions will be workshops where students in groups of 4-6 meet between the classroom session.
The following date are planned for the 5 classroom sessions:
- 4th September 2018: 16:30-19:30
- 18th September 2018:16:30-19:30
- 2nd October 2018: 16:30-19:30
- 23th October 2018: 16:30-19:30
- 6th November 2018: 16:30-19:30
Each evening will consist of review of theory, practical exercises and a guest lecture sharing personal experiences of being an international talent and new employee in Denmark.
We will serve sandwiches and drinks during the classes.